Thursday 4 February 2010

Remind me again why I enjoyed London...........

During 2008 I worked on a six month contract in central London. I travelled from the island each Monday and back on Friday evening. It was mostly during the summer so I didn't have bad weather to contend with and most early mornings were made special by the pleasant walk along Ryde pier. I can honestly say, I really enjoyed that work time!
This week I made an overnight trip to London to go to the theatre will my niece. I know it's different as it's still winter but by lunchtime on the second day I couldn't get home fast enough......... If it wasnt for the fact I was meeting two good friends I would have been home a lot earlier. Not sure what has changed - is it me, or is it London?
Already have a further short trip booked later in February - will it be my last one for a while? Am I falling out of love with the big smoke? Time will tell.............

No comments:

Post a Comment