Monday 25 January 2010

Journey to somewhere?


Nearly a year has passed since I first experimented with this blog and as well as learning alot, so much has changed. I am still in the fortunate position of not having to rush out to work all week but more than ever I feel that I am not doing enough with my time/life. I guess I have to be my own 'kick up the back****' no one else is going to do it for me :-)
I am succeeding with one of my resolutions: keeping a compost bucket, which here on the island is collected by the bin men. I have started looking at what we spend on food each week and we are now getting very little waste. My next resolution is not to buy any vegetables which come in plastic trays as part of the bigger aim to cut own on waste. I am being as frugal as possible with the water I use (bucket in the shower etc). The Isle of Wight has water meters so it does encourage you to be careful.

I still feel I need a bigger goal to work towards, but no sure what it should be.......... I am starting to investigate volunteer work but nothing yet has really caught my imagination.

I feel I am now taking my first steps but I guess I just have to decide where this journey is headed..............

No comments:

Post a Comment